What you need to know...
By joining the ITP you automatically agree to our Code of Conduct.
This means you personally commit to act with integrity, in the public interest, and you will:
1. Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
2. Prevent an avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
3. Maintain competence in your field. This means:
Only undertaking professional tasks which you are competent at.
Disclosing any relevant limitations on your competency.
Declaring the completion of tasks to receive CPD points honestly. See our CPD Policy for more.
4. Accept the appropriate responsibility for work carried out under your supervision. This also means:
Treating all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
Encouraging others to advance their learning and competence.
5. Avoid a conflict of interest where possible, perceived or real and advise affected parties if a conflict arises.
6. Observe confidentiality rules.
7. Reject bribery.
8. Assess relevant risks and liability and if appropriate, hold professional indemnity insurance.
9. You must notify us if you’re convicted of a criminal offence, or if you become bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
10. Notify us of any violation of this code of code of conduct by another member.
Ready to get started?
Get access to more ITP contentSign Up
Get in touch with us to find out moreContact Us