Apprentice Fibre Install Engineer
Our client is recruiting for an Apprentice Fibre Install Engineer to join their team in Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire.
The Level 3 Information Communication Technician apprenticeship programme that we are offering, will allow you to kick-start your career in an industry that is constantly evolving, dynamic and transformational.
The steps you take will provide you with valuable first-hand experience, knowledge, skills and qualification to help really drive your career forward. We are here to guide and support you every step of the way!
Founded in 2020 by a team of like minded, and experienced telecoms fanatics, we have one vision; to deliver a hyperfast network across the UK. With significant investment and a bold plan to deliver on volume, deliver efficiently and deliver a smarter-than-average fibre organisation, sets us on an exciting journey to provide speed, quality and simplicity with an affordable full-fibre product.
Job Title: Apprentice Fibre Install Engineer
Apprenticeship Course: Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Apprenticeship Duration: 18months
Working Hours: 9am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £15,000 - £18,000
We are currently recruiting for our first ever tranche of apprentices, who will be taught how to install an FTTP network, both residential and commercial. During their training, the role holder will be tasked but not limited to, installing, proving and testing the Fibre network within existing PIA (Physical Infrastructure Access). This will include both underground and overhead (Poles) installation of fibre cable, and troubleshooting/fault finding and quality auditing.
For those looking to start a new career, we will offer training and support to reach a number of accreditations (including First aid at work, Street works, Underground and Overground Safety amongst others).
This role reports into the Chief Commercial Officer. If you are looking to make a difference, grow with opportunity and thrive in a start-up environment, then this role is for you.
Role and Responsibilities
• Carry out detailed installation and auditing of a residential fibre network in line with the engineering specifications.
• Attending customers premises and championing our company brand.
• Utilise various deployment methods available (OH/UG)
• Understanding existing fibre optic network infrastructure including ducts and poles.
• Completing a quality job ensuring the customer is left satisfied with our service.
• Identifying customers routing and reviewing proposed methods of construction to ensure that all requirements are compliant.
• Completing all necessary steps to build a network to Connect Fibre and PIA specification.
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
• Technically minded, with experience working outdoors in all weathers.
• Passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
• Not afraid of heights
• An aptitude for problem-solving.
• A keen eye for detail and willing to go the extra mile.
• You must also have a full UK manual driving licence with no more than 6 points on your licence
• Annual Leave TBC
• Group Pension contribution @5%
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role.
We help employers develop their best talent and inspire the next generation through apprenticeships, mentoring and training, we’re plugging the UK’s digital skills gap to provide a workforce for the future.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
The ITP are working on behalf of a third party to advertise their vacancy. By submitting your CV, you agree to be contacted by The ITP and your information to be passed on to a third party.