Apprentice FTTP Installation Engineer
Our client is recruiting for an Apprentice FTTP Installation Engineer to join their team in Polegate. Working in the surrounding areas, such as Hailsham, Heathfield, Hastings and Eastbourne.
The Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship Programme that we are offering, will allow you to kick-start your career in an industry that is constantly evolving, dynamic and transformational.
The steps you take will provide you with valuable first-hand experience, knowledge, skills and qualification to help really drive your career forward. We are here to guide and support you every step of the way!
‘We are the leading local alternative network provider of Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Polegate and have an existing broadband network in East Sussex. Our broadband network can supply our standard installed customers with anything up to 10 Gigabits in both download either, uploads.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs, keeping local £’s in the areas we serve and acts as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs.’
Job Title: Apprentice FTTP Installation Engineer
Apprenticeship Course: Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Apprenticeship Duration: 18 Months
Location: Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6GP
Working Hours Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assisting Full Fibre installations from the fibre pot into the LF equipment on premise
• Fibre blowing
• Fibre splicing
• Working at heights (Poles, lifts and ladders)
• Positive representation of LF to the public and build rapport with customers whilst onsite
• Provide install progress/whereabouts updates
• Diagnose Fibre faults
• Health & Safety compliance
• To assist in the build validation programme as and when required
• External site survey experience; NRSWA, Unit 2 Street Works Signing, Lighting & Guarding accreditation
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
• A team player, highly organised, confident and good communicator
• Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiasm to learn
• A full UK driving licence
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme.
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role.
We help employers develop their best talent and inspire the next generation through apprenticeships, mentoring and training, we’re plugging the UK’s digital skills gap to provide a workforce for the future.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
The ITP are working on behalf of a third party to advertise their vacancy. By submitting your CV, you agree to be contacted by The ITP and your information to be passed on to a third party.