Apprentice Support Technician
Our client is recruiting for an Apprentice Support Technician to join their team in London.
The Level 3 Information Communication Technician apprenticeship program that we are offering, will allow you to kick-start your career in an industry that is constantly evolving, dynamic and transformational.
The steps you take will provide you with valuable first-hand experience, knowledge, skills and qualification to help really drive your career forward. We are here to guide and support you every step of the way!
We are an established provider of Structured Cabling infrastructure installations, cloud based Unified Communications, and Network Services including data connectivity Established in 1992, we have an established customer base of blue-chip companies and have delivered growth year-on-year.
We provide UC solutions both to direct customers and to Channel partners.
Job Title: Support Technician Apprentice
Apprenticeship Course: Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Apprenticeship Duration: 18 months + EPA
Location: London N1
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9 – 17:00
Role and Responsibilities
We provide UC solutions both to direct customers and to Channel Partners (Resellers). This position is to join our Support time to provide 1st Line support for both UC cloud telephony and data connectivity. Also assisting with the build and set-up of a new customers and number porting as required. This is predominantly as desk-based role but may involve assisting with onsite installations and/or troubleshooting.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- First response to Customers/Channel Partners via telephone, Email or Service Desk Portal
- Troubleshooting and 1st Line support
- Escalating to 2nd Line support as required
- Follow-up of open Service Tickets
- Assistance with number porting
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
• Attention to detail and taking pride in producing a high standard of work.
• Ability to follow instructions and work well in a small team.
• Excellent timekeeping.
• Trustworthy and reliable.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Beneficial skills / experience
- MS365 (Word, Excel, Teams)
- Any telecoms experience or knowledge would be beneficial but not essential.
- Any LAN networking knowledge (Routers/Firewalls, Switches, Access Points) and WAN knowledge.
- Education/Training requirements (IT Support Apprenticeship Scheme)
Salary / Benefits
- £15k per annum (whilst undertaking Apprenticeship)
- Workplace Pension
- Working hours: 9am to 5pm on Monday to Friday.
- 28 days holiday pro rata (including Bank Holidays), plus one extra day for each full year of service (up to 33 days max)
We help employers develop their best talent and inspire the next generation through apprenticeships, mentoring and training, we’re plugging the UK’s digital skills gap to provide a workforce for the future.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
The ITP are working on behalf of a third party to advertise their vacancy. By submitting your CV, you agree to be contacted by The ITP and your information to be passed on to a third party.