Our client are recruiting for Installation Technicians to join their exciting and challenging fibre installation teams in Central London.
About the company:
Imagine working in a fast-paced ever evolving world where dynamic, resourceful, motivated, and adaptable people exist. If you are on the hunt for a new challenge and are ready to embark on your next career venture with one of the industry’s most reputable businesses, do not get caught up in your imagination, apply today and be a champion tomorrow.
Since 2006, our client has been a leading connectivity provider serving hundreds of organisations across the UK and Europe. Their decade long legacy and attention to excellence has allowed them to raise the standards in the industry and they are proud that our mission is shared by every employee - to build one of the highest capacity enterprise fibre networks in Central London.
But they are not just committed to investing in their network, they are also committed to investing in their people. At this company, the team is fuelled by great [free] coffee to power their forward-thinking solutions and ways of working. And it is not just coffee that they equip them with. From their distinctly crafted culture to training and reward systems, they understand people are human and pledge to give back just as much as they receive.
They are looking for people who can think, learn, and thrive to join them in the next phase of their monumental growth. Whether you would like to push your capabilities, explore a vastly growing industry or be part of a hugely supportive team, they want to hear from you.
About the role:
They are looking for a driven and proactive individual to take on one of many permanent positions of Installation Engineer. If you’re someone looking to advance your career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace, this role will be well suited to you.
The role is principally working within the Installations Team – connecting their customers to their world-class fibre network. They have multiple roles available depending on your experience - and they will provide you a full month of training on how to build a fibre network with valuable first-hand experience, knowledge, skills and qualifications to help really drive your career forward.
Reporting to: Install Planner Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £33,000 per annum
• Adherence with all Health and Safety legislation (training provided) as well as the company and customers.
• Undertake and complete all required training in the allocated timeframe
• Work safely by carrying out risk assessments prior to work and make each work site safe using necessary
• Interpret and follow job packs and fibre allocation tables
• Label cables and items at entry and exit points
• Install and connect connections from fibre splice points in the street through to building entries and onto the customer termination point – comprising subduct, blown fibre, splicing, and testing
• Install and test customer Network Termination Equipment
• Maintain vehicles/equipment/tools to a good standard ensuring they give a good impression of the company
Note: The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
•Willing to work away and available for some weekends, early morning starts and night working
•Be able to work outdoors with adverse weather conditions
•Working as an individual and as a part of team to achieve targets and KPI’s
•Willingness to work at heights and in the underground network (full training provided)
•Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
•Effective in handling conflict and dealing with issues
•Looking for someone with previous experience with telecoms or fibre.
• Full training/qualifications pack:
• NRSWA Streetworks
• Confined Spaces
• Fibre blowing and splicing
• Health & Safety
• Openreach PIA
• Working at height
• First Aid
• Excellent career progression based on your own performance
• Full tooling, PPE, and uniform
• Free professional mental health support
• Private Healthcare
• Free cinema tickets, gym, and trainers’ discounts
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days of annual leave allowance that increases with years served (excluding bank holidays)
• Free delicious coffee
• Cycle to work scheme.