Technical Sales Apprentice
Our client is recruiting for an Apprentice Technical Salesperson to join their team in Reading RG88.
The Level 3 IT Technical Sales apprenticeship programme that we are offering, will allow you to kick-start your career in an industry that is constantly evolving, dynamic and transformational.
The steps you take will provide you with valuable first-hand experience, knowledge, skills and qualification to help really drive your career forward. We are here to guide and support you every step of the way!
Our client is a fast growing, ambitious provider of IT & Telecoms services to businesses.
They have approx. 350 business customers, the majority based in the Thames Valley area, who rely on them to provide them a wide range of business-critical services. The companies turnover approx. 1.5m per annum and have plans to grow this to 5M in 5 years.
Job Title: Technical Sales Apprentice
Apprenticeship Course: Level 3 IT Technical Sales
Apprenticeship Duration: 18 Months
Location: Enterprise House, 41 Reading Rd, Pangbourne, Reading RG8 7HY
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.30
Salary: Basic salary of circa £14,000-£16,000 + Uncapped OTE + Statutory Pension
• This overall objective of the role is to generate new business opportunities for the sales team by booking face to face meetings, video calls and telephone appointments with potential customers
• The company works with an outsourced marketing agency who publish regular content on the website and run regular email campaigns to the target audience. A key part of this role will be following up those campaigns.
• In addition, with the support of the Sales Director, create and own a sales progression plan with the objective of progressing to a field-based role.
• Progress through the apprenticeship training scheme ensuring all work, sessions and deadlines are met
• Present professionally at all times, ensuring customers experience is always a positive one
Day to day Objectives:
• Achieve agreed KPIS based around calls made/call time and appointments booked
• Maintain and build a pipeline of sales prospects through networking, LinkedIn, and cold calling
• Maintain a good understanding at all times of all product set, and take ownership of improving knowledge
• Help build content and ongoing marketing messages, and campaigns
• Work closely with the Sales Director to create new target customer lists, sales pitches, and proposals
• Attend face to face networking events where appropriate
• The ideal candidate will have experience in a telephone sales role, preferably within a tech business previously
• Must be able to demonstrate strong sales skills, and a drive to move into a field sales role in the future
• Must have a genuine interest in IT and Cloud technology
• Must have excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
• Ability to respond efficiently to high pressure situations
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Good computer skills - including Excel, Word, Office, CRM
• Friendly and supportive office environment
• Genuine career development as the company grows and diversifies
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role.
We help employers develop their best talent and inspire the next generation through apprenticeships, mentoring and training, we’re plugging the UK’s digital skills gap to provide a workforce for the future.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
The ITP are working on behalf of a third party to advertise their vacancy. By submitting your CV, you agree to be contacted by The ITP and your information to be passed on to a third party.