UC 3rd Line Support Engineer
Our client is recruiting for a UC 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their team in Doncaster DN9.
AdEPT Technology Group is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy.
Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era - providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, and therefore AdEPT is entering an era offering a strategic solution alongside existing service offerings.
Job Title: UC 3rd Line Support Engineer
Location: AdEPT, 6 Hayfield Business Park, Field Lane, Auckley, Doncaster DN9 3FL
Working Hours: Reports to the Service Desk Manager covering Monday – Friday 8:30 – 17:00
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pa
Role and Responsibilities
The UC Helpdesk Engineer works at the 1st point of escalation within the Support team. You will be supporting the Helpdesk Administrators and dealing with technical issues passed to you. You are responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions. You will be exposed to topics such as telephony, voice and data connectivity, SIP, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, Public and Private Cloud, security and bespoke managed solutions.
You will act as the primary point of contact for your assigned tickets raised by both phone or email as well quickly identifying the priority of the issue and ensuring they are dealt with within an agreed SLA. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with clients, peers and senior members of the team, enabling the gathering of all relevant information around the issues & correctly recording this within the service management system. Where necessary you will escalate issues to the relevant team and report key information to the Service Desk Manager. The role requires you to be able to move from one issue to another efficiently, whilst dealing with a broad range of technologies and end user abilities.
The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
• Supporting the Customer – Working on issues raised by clients, understanding the different business needs of the customers and recording all key information to support them. Support can be via phone or email. Adherence to company & client processes to deliver an outstanding experience. Utilising a range of remote access & monitoring tools to troubleshoot issues.
• Achieving SLA targets – Managing your time to prioritise urgent tickets while ensuring all requests meet the contracted SLA.
• Customer Satisfaction – Owning issues through the initial phases of support and keeping the clients informed of all progress with the issue. Working with the clients to ensure a quick and effective resolution to the item raised. Deliver effective communication with all customers including Directors.
• Documentation – Working within the team to ensure all client documentation is updated and correctly recorded in the relevant system aiding effective closure times. Documentation includes client’s infrastructure, e mails, and updating of system to aid the support process and allows other parts of the business to effectively manage the end to end process. It is essential that data is accurate recording in Help Desk System to ensure AdEPT can accurately report on services provided, ticket status, and activities undertaken.
• Supporting 1st line team – You will be working on issues that have been escalated by the 1st line team becoming the primary point of contact on that ticket. You will need to prioritise your work ensure any failed IT service is restored as quickly as possible while providing regular updates on all your tickets. Providing communication to other areas of business about major problems and on-going issues.
• Liaising with 3rd party suppliers – When necessary, request support from external suppliers regarding hardware, software or connectivity support. Communicate updates to the customer and ensure 3rd party meets its SLA targets.
• On-Call – AdEPT offer customers 24x7 support, as part of the role you are expected to join the on-call rota as either a 1st line or 2nd line escalation point.
• Previous experience with a ticketing system.
• Previous experience working with 3rd party suppliers and managing their SLAs.
• Troubleshooting voice issues with a track record of working on one of more of the following vendors: Avaya, 8x8 and Ericson LG platforms
• Troubleshooting data connectivity issues including routers & wifi
• 3-4 years’ experience on a Service Desk.
• Strong Customer service Ethos.
• Previous experience with on-prem and cloud telephony platforms.
• Network and routing fundamentals.
• Avaya ACSS level qualification in at least 1 area of the Avaya product portfolio.
• Qualified, experienced and proven practical support knowledge across a minimum of 3 products for which you are considered team Subject Matter Expert with focus on Avaya and LG products and a minimum of 1 other telephony vendor e.g. Microsoft Teams, Audiocodes, EngHouse, 8x8, TelcoSwitch, E:LG Hosted
• Previous experience working with more than one SIP service provider.
• Experience of working to SLA & KPI measures and delivering improvements in customer service
• Strong Customer service ethos.
• Supplier management
• Comprehensive knowledge of VOIP technologies
• Good knowledge of networks, routing, WAN, wifi and firewalls.
• Good knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
• Experience in installing, configuring and managing switches and routers.
• Excellent knowledge of patch management and server rebuilds on Avaya platforms and at least one other vendor
• Solid general knowledge of current Windows OS.
• Genuine interest in technology and keen enthusiast of emerging technologies.
• Articulate, confident and knowledgeable communicator.
Skills/ Interests Required:
• Proven ability to take a lead through the life of a ticket.
• Able to manage multiple priorities to achieve SLA targets.
• Passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses.
• Proactive, can-do attitude.
• Enthusiastic about technology.
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role.